Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Art Valero

Art Valero, South Carolina


Born in Mexico City in 1967 and moved to the United States in 1972.

"Like all artists I developed a fascination for art at an early age. Through the encouragement of some teachers I began taking studio classes at Lock Haven State College at the age of 12 unfortunately this only lasted 2 years and I am self taught otherwise. I won a scholarship, but decided not to take art classes and left after a couple of years to make it on my own in New York. In 1993 I became friends with the popular Illustrator Dave Cutler and was introduced to the world of Illustration. As soon as I realized all I needed was a Fax and a phone to conduct business I decided to get out of the city and moved to Charleston, S.C.

I was first published by the Washington Post in 1994 and soon became a regular with the LA Times. I’ve had some great opportunities over the last 15 years and have since been published in Italy, Spain, Germany, Sweden, Australia, China, and throughout the United States.

Over the years some companies have bought the originals and my work has become part of their corporate collections. including three painting acquired by Karecters Design Group in Canada that originated from a phone card campaign and six painting from a brochure acquired by Hale & Dorr, one of the oldest law firms in the U.S. I’ve had paintings turned into billboards and large office murals and in 2003 I was asked to participate in a traveling art show that selected one artists from each state along the east coast that started in New York and ended in the Florida Keys Gallery on Greene. I currently live and work in Mt. Pleasant, S.C. with my wife and three children."

No comments:

Post a Comment